Golden Rainbow is a grass roots organization, founded by members of the entertainment industry who saw the need to provide housing for people with HIV/AIDS when one of their own was forced to live and die in a garage. Entertainers, doing what they do best, put together a show to raise money for this worthwhile cause. That first show was called "Golden Rainbow" and premiered July 11, 1987, in the Ziegfeld Theatre at Bally's. Since then the show's name has been changed to 'Ribbon of Life" and continues to be one of the largest HIV/AIDS fundraisers in Nevada.
Our Mission Statement
Golden Rainbow provides housing and direct financial assistance to men, women and children living with HIV/AIDS in southern Nevada. Golden Rainbow is also dedicated to supporting HIV/AIDS related education.
Golden Rainbow is a uniquely caring and responsive non-profit organization, which exists to ensure that the fundamental needs of men, women and children living with HIV/AIDS are met.
In 1987, this group of entertainers formed a non-profit organization for the following purposes:
- Provide whatever aid and support is necessary or required in the community.
- Provide direct financial aid and support to those individuals and their loved ones living with AIDS and HIV.
- Provide housing and any other financial support deemed appropriate.
- Collaborate with other AIDS support agencies and other social service agencies.
- Provide HIV/AIDS Awareness and Education.